Needlepoint kit for rug. William Morris' lovely painting, now at the William Morris Gallery in Walthamstow was turned into a design for a delicate sofa cover early in the 1900s. Beth Russell originally adapted this to needlepoint as a panel for a stool top or window seat. Since then she has created a striking rug by mirror imaging the panel, merging the centres and adding a border.
- Kit type: Tapestry
- Designed by: Beth Russell
- Collection: William Morris Panel
- Count: 12 stitches per inch
- Dimensions: 91 x 137cm (35.8 x 53.9in)
- Categories: Rug
- Stitch: Tent/Basketweave with 1 thread tapestry wool (background 4 threads of crewel wool).
Included in this kit:
- Fabric/canvas: Zweigart White Deluxe 1m x 1.5m (40 x 60in). Printed in 36 Colours.
- Threads: Appleton tapestry & crewel
- A printed chart is provided to help with the positioning of the colours.
- Orders Under $150 are subject to a flat delivery fee of $9.95 with an estimated delivery time: 1 to 6 working days.
All international orders will be quoted for delivery charges on an individual basis before your order is shipped. Estimated delivery time: 3 to 10 working days. Changes to shipping prices. Sometimes there will be discrepancies on the quoted shipping costs. This may happen if the item or items are documents and can be sent within Australia using the standard delivery service
Bulky items (such as tapestry floor frames and framed pieces) will still be quoted on an individual basis via email. Please contact us
if you have any questions. If the price varies from the quoted price on the website, we will be in touch by email. If you would like a firm quote, please advise in the order notes.
Returns can only be processed when accompanied by the store docket/receipt. In the case of defective items, we will be happy to replace it or refund the purchase price. We do not refund if you simply change your mind, purchase the wrong item, or purchase too many items (please see the Office of Fair Trading website)